This course will take you from the Basics of Java Development to the Advanced stage of Deployment of Java-Based Microservices to Kubernetes Environment. This Course is for Cloud-Native Developers like Spring-boot Developers who want to develop their applications on Kubernetes.
- Core Java Development is a pre-requisite for this course.
- I expect the Participants should know the use of the VirtualBox Virtualization Platform and how to create a VM using VirtualBox.
- This course does not have any mandatory requirements, but core Java programming knowledge is required to get the most out of this course.
- This course will not teach you Java development nor Springboot Development, it is expected that you have the basics to understand Java and Springboot.
- The platform of Development is Windows\MacOS but Deployment will be on Linux Environment (preferably on CentOS)
- Any Cloud Knowledge is Prefered, but not required.
- Basic Knowledge of a Linux CLI is preferred.
- If you are a Windows user, then it is preferred if you know how to transfer your files to Linux systems.
- Docker knowledge is preferred but not a requisite, I am going to cover docker basics here.
The outcome of the Course:
After finishing this course you’ll be able to understand and explain Cloud-native application development and deployment on the cloud and Kubernetes. This course will prepare you for Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), but it is not sufficient for the certification. This course will be a starting point for your preparation for the Certification.
Mode of teaching :
- This will be a Remote live session in Zoom.
- Sample code and files discussed in the course will be found at the GitHub repository.
- Lab: Preparing your Laptop or Desktop for The Lab Work
- Container Basics
- Assessing Course Lab Contents from GitHub
- Lab: Preparing Docker Container Environment
- Lab: Creating a Webserver Using Docker Container
- Container Basics
- Installing WordPress using Docker Compose
- Working with Local Private Docker Registry Server
- Preparing a Docker Image from a SpringBoot App
- Deploying Application to a Remote Docker Host
- Lab: Preparing Your Laptop or Desktop for Java Development
- Instal Java on Your Laptop to Develop Springboot Applications
- Introduction to Java Springboot
- MS Visual Studio Code for Springboot Development
- Development of a Sample Springboot App
- Start Developing Springboot Application without an App Template